TCSD Alternative Instruction Notification Page
Alternative instruction notification responsibilities. This is a reminder of the alternative instruction notification process as outlined in SDCL 13-27-7. The department’s Division of Accreditation and Certification has a new tutorial available for individuals in the public school district who assist with this process.
- Parents and guardians must file an initial alternative instruction notification for their student when they begin alternative instruction.
- Additional notifications are not required unless a transition occurs, as defined by the statute.
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to submit their notifications through the state’s online notification system. However, a paper copy of the notification also may be submitted to either the Department of Education or the school district.
- Individuals submitting paper notifications must utilize the form provided by DOE.
- If a paper copy is submitted to the district, the district is responsible for supplying the parent/guardian with a signed copy and also forwarding a signed copy to DOE.
- Access to the online notification system, paper form, and an Alternative Instruction FAQ is available on our website.