Welcome to the Todd County School District!.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teacher
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
For generations, TCSD schools have been the educational home to students across the Rosebud Reservation, as well as a critical part of what makes our communities great places to live. As superintendent, I am thrilled to be part of a District where traditions are held in such high regard, and where keeping current with best teaching and learning practices is valued. All of this ensures that every student succeeds –
academically, co-curricularly, and social-emotionally. That is our highest priority.
The wonderful Todd County School District staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Dr. Karen Whitney, Superintendent, Todd County Schools
♦110 E. Denver/Box 87 Mission, SD 57555♦Ph 605-856-3501♦Fax 605-856-2449♦