Hello everyone, this is Miss Jodi. I wanted to provide ideas for art activities to inspire creativity while you are at home. I hope to see everyone soon!
Drawing Ideas (can be done with watercolors too)
- -Family portrait
- -Something in space – Aliens, Spaceships, Rockets, Planets in crazy colors
- -Scene from your favorite movie or book
- -Your favorite animal or a pet – Create an animal using different animal parts
- -Your favorite food
- -Ocean Scene
- -A garden
- -Comic book or cartoon character
- -Something you love
- -A sport
- -Draw a wondering black line and color using different colors or use a color scheme.
- Primary Triadic- Red, Yellow, Blue
- Secondary Triadic- Purple, Orange, Green
- Complementary- Red/Green, Blue/Orange, Yellow/ Purple
- -Draw outside in dirt with a stick!
- -Make a sculpture outside with found items such as sticks, leaves, rocks etc.
- Make sand art. Use pinches at a time to create a line design- glue is not needed.
Play Dough Recipe for Sculptures
Have fun! Make a form then squash it and try something new. Sculptures will dry but are very fragile.
½ cup salt
1-tablespoon cream of tartar
Optional food coloring/ flavor extracts
Over low heat mix salt, flour, and cream of tartar. Mix in vegetable oil, food coloring, and water while stirring. Once the dough balls together place it on a floured surface and knead together until dough consistency. If the dough is sticky add more four.
Here is a link to a YouTube Channel that has a variety of drawing videos that are fun to watch.
Tate Modern Museum has different creative activities to do at home that are easy to access.